Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Free Garbage, Man Life is Good

So I went garbage pickin' for the first time in years the other day. I used to love Sundays because on Sunday the whole West Side puts their goodies out by the curb. I found a wedding ring that way once.

We didn't come up with anything really exciting, although my female counterpart was really stoked about the only slightly worn papazon we found off of West 8th. I came up with some plywood to make paintings on and some assorted lumber and buckets. We saw a lot of cops for some reason, then we remembered that the cops are much more numerous in the suburbs than where we live. Plus they tend to be on foot in the inner-city. I found a comforter that turned out to have motor oil stains all over one side, but I washed it and I think I'll use it to take camping. It doesn't smell or anything. We also snagged an end table, some desk drawers, a solid wood two-panel door, flowerpots, and an Elvis painting.

In other news from the home front, one of our neighbors gave me a 55-gallon aquarium with a stand and a filter. I cleaned it all and set it up, but I think I broke the filter. I am trying to figure out what the cheapest and hardiest kind of fish are. I also decided to turn our Christmas lights back on and put one of the lesser-driven cars in our front yard. Now it feels more like home.

No comments: